Acting like animals is a classic way to play! And in addition to the guarantee of giggles, this animal game doubles as a gross motor skill boost.
We made a fun printable full of cute animals for this activity – your kids will slither like snakes and roll like puppies and get in lots and lots of laughs!
No yoga today? No problem. Take a turn yourself, and you’ll see: these animal movements really work the core.
Play the Gross Motor Animal Game
To set this up, you’ll need:
- our free printable cards (download and print it by clicking here)
- plastic eggs (that open – like the plastic Easter eggs)
- You can also write out your own animal walks
Print and cut out out the animal movement cards. The printable gives you 10 different animal moves (waddle like a penguin, anyone?). Use the blank page with 10 “___ like a ___” to include your kid’s favorite animals in as well.
Cut out the cards, and then put 1 animal movement into each egg. Close the eggs, and you’re all set to go!
There are a few ways to play:
- Place all the eggs into the same container. Take turns choosing an egg and acting like the animal.
- Have one child pick their move, then lead the other kids in doing that animal move. The next
- Make it an egg hunt!
We are excited to work with CLIF Kid on this post. CLIF Kid is dedicated to reclaiming play. And we’re encouraging boys and girls everywhere to get back outside, push their boundaries and feed their adventures. We bring our CLIF Kid Zbar® pack along with us to play this animal game — or any game at any other place of play!
- Made with organic ingredients
- Have important nutrients for active kids
- Appropriate portion size for kids in flavors they love
- Have no high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors (or synthetic preservatives)
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.