We are huge fans of Mo Willems, and this book is no exception! My kids asked for me to read it over and over again (just like they do for everything else by Willems!). After reading the book, we decided to create our own cookie craft. We made our craft using sticky paper (affiliate link) – also called adhesive or Con-Tact paper. And the best part was we could repeat it over and over again!
- Craft Foam (affiliate link) in a variety of colors
- Tan and black construction paper
- sticky paper (affiliate link)
- Craft Foam
Cut out large circles from the tan paper and the sticky paper – these are your cookies. Place one or two pieces of double sided tape onto the tan paper. Then peel the backing from the sticky paper, and apply it, sticky side up, smooth side down, onto the tan paper.
Cut the craft foam into little pieces – these will be the sprinkles for your cookies. Cut small circles from black contraction paper to make your chocolate chips. You can also cut out dark brown nuts (you could make x-shaped, like they are in the book), but my son didn’t want the nuts for this activity (I guess he’s with the Duckling on that one!).
Set out the project and let your child create cookies! I made the cookies too – it’s a lot of fun decorating and redecorating the cookies! My 3 year old loved heaping the sprinkles on. My 6 year old saw what we were doing and joined in also – and he took a more targeted decorating approach. Both of them had a lot of fun doing it!
Be sure and check out the Virtual Book Club For Kids to see lots of Mo Willems activities! There will also be fun ideas on the club’s Pinterest page, so stop on by!
Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus Activities
- Cardboard Box Bus Craft & Number Game for Kids by Toddler Approved
- Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus Activity by Coffee Cups and Crayons
- Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus Puppets by Playdough to Plato
- Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus: Puppets, Crafts and Storytelling by Playing with Words 365
- Letter B is for Bus Craft by Royal Baloo
- Pigeon and Bus Activities inspired by Mo Willems by The Educators’ Spin On It
- Pigeon Rhyming Race Activity by Growing Book by Book
- Pigeon Handprint by Mama Miss
Knuffle Bunny Activities
- Mo Willems Inspired DIY Bunny Costume Felt Headband by The Educators’ Spin On It
- Knuffle Bunny Activity Mats by ready-set-read
The Duckling Gets a Cookie Activities
- Counting Chocolate Chips – Duckling Get a Cookie by 3 Dinosaurs
- Nut Free Alphabet Cookies by Rainy Day Mum
- Sticky Cookie Craft by The Pleasantest Thing
- The Duckling Gets a Cookie Math Games by Inspiration Laboratories
- The Ducking Gets a Cookie Printable Clothespin Activity by Lalymom