Yesterday’s unseasonably warm weather meant we spent most of the day outside, without so much as a jacket. This gave us lots of room to get moving!
Sidewalk chalk (we used green and red)
A jingle bell
- Write 3 big HO’s in a vertical line, with the H’s lining up to form one line, and the O’s lining up to form another line.
- Throw the bell onto one of the letters.
- Jump down the line of H’s (over the line in the middle of the H)
- Turn around and jump from the middle of one O to the middle of the next.
- When you pass the bell, bend down to pick it up.
- Added challenge: Stagger the “Ho’s” so that you aren’t jumping in a straight line.
- Easier version: jump at random over all the letter- this is how my 16 month old played!
- Add in fine motor skills: Have your child write out the words, or trace the letters with chalk