Making games from our spelling lists is our favorite way to learn sight words! My kids especially like it when the sight words game involves getting up and moving – especially after sitting at their desks all day!
Hanging site words is the perfect game for practicing sight words after school. You can jump, yell, and read! Plus it is an easy set-up/easy clean up activity.
Make Hanging Sight Words
- Index Cards
Write out the site words on index cards. Then tape streamers at varying lengths from a doorway (make sure the tape won’t hurt the surface first!). Tape the index cards to the end of the streamers.
Then your child can jump up, grab the word, and yell it out while pulling the word off! Or yell it first and then jump. Or Jump, tear it off, and then yell. Pretty much any combination of jumping, yelling, and tearing works!
More Ways to Move & Learn this week:
- Spider Crawl Color Race from Toddler Approved
- Teach Kids Measurement from Coffee Cups & Crayons
- Spider Web Scavenger Hunt from Hands On: As We Grow
- All our Move and Learn activities
- Our Move & Learn Pinterest Board!