I created this Witches’ Cauldron to decorate for our Halloween party. It was very easy, and it has held up, even after being outside AND after being played with by a group of 5 year olds! So grab your Mod Podge and read below for how to make this simple craft!
- Cauldron – I picked up a basic black one for $1.99 at a craft store
- Mod Podge Outdoor (a waterbased sealer, glue, and finish suited for the outdoors)
- Brush to Apply Mod Podge
- Stiffy (add to fabric to quickly and easily create permanent projects)
- Black Felt
- Paper or fabric to decorate the cauldron (I used
- Scissors (for the decorations and the felt hat)
Creating the Craft
- Cut out your decorations. I cut several webs from spiderweb decoupage paper.
- Use the Mod Podge to glue your decorations into place. Using a brush or sponge applicator apply additional Mod Podge over the decorations as a sealant. Clean up any excess with a wet rag.
- Cut 2 witch hats from black felt – I just cut mine freehand.
- Apply Stiffy to the hats to stiffen them. (Stir the Stiffy and apply it to the fabric until it’s saturated, smooth to remove excess.)
- Once the hats are dry, use the Mod Podge to glue them together, placing them on either side of the cauldron’s handle. (Make sure the hats are completely dry before doing this step).
- Use clothespins to hold hats over handle until Mod Podge dries (this step might be optional – I didn’t try it without this step).
Once it’s dry, put it out to display!
This post was sponsored by Plaid as part of a Blueprint Social Media Campaign.
Get ideas from fellow crafters on Plaid’s Facebook Page: http://on.fb.me/14Jf36K
Follow Plaid for Inspiration on Pinterest: http://bit.ly/1eI8sLu