We’ve been working on fine motor skills and strengthening hand muscles, so we’ve been playing a lot of clothespin games. This month’s busy bag is a simple color match.
We painted clothespins 4 different colors, and found pompoms of various sizes to match the paint. Once the clothespins were dry, there were lots of ways to play:
- Color match: match grab the pompoms with the clothespins in the corresponding colors.
- Race: see how quickly the pompoms can be collected. Your child can use a timer or race against someone else.
- Sort by Size: using pompoms of different sizes lets you sort them by size. You can even do size and color.
Other Busy Bag Ideas
- Pumpkin Number from Coffee Cups & Crayons
- Acorn Math from Toddler Approved
- Counting Ghosts from And Next Comes L
- Check out all our busy bags!
- Busy Bags For the Kiddos Pinterest Board, full of fun ideas!
Looking for baby and toddler play ideas? Check out Zero to Two: the book of play, an e-book I co-authored! It’s includes 25 step-by-step tutorials with pictures, as well as links to over 50 more ways to play with babies and toddlers – all for $8.99.