My mom’s Christmas tree still sports the clothespin reindeer my brother and I made when we were kids, so I’ve been waiting to make clothespin reindeer ornaments with my kids!
Making the Clothespin Reindeer
- 2 clothespins per reindeer
- brown paint (unless your clothespins are already the color you want your reindeer)
- googly eyes
- small red felt circle or red pompom “nose”
- small white felt circle or white pompom “tail”
- Paint the clothespins the color you want the reindeer, and let them dry (the letting the clothespins dry bit was our toughest step!)
- Glue the clothespins together, with the glue connecting the “mouths” of the clothespins. This is the face and tail of the reindeer. The “legs” of the ornaments pointing in opposite directions, and are the reindeer’s antlers and the legs.
- Glue the googly eyes, nose, and tail onto the ornaments.
- Let the glue set and clip the reindeer onto your tree!
I found that a couple of the googly eyes popped off because our eyes were wider than the clothespins. I used superglue to attach them, and they’ve stayed on ever since!