Setting up a pretend play animal hospital encourages imagination, and can be used to practice writing skills, being kind to animals, and even a little math!
We decided to make three areas in our hospital: the waiting room, the exam room, and the doctor’s office.
–Waiting Room, where we gathered several stuffed animal patients.
We stocked our exam room with:
- pompoms to be animal medicine
- masking tape “bandages”
- cardboard “splints” to brace animal bones
- our pretend play doctor’s kits
–Doctor’s Office, with our doctor robes, pads and pens
- Write signs for each room (we traced ours)
- take patient notes
- write prescriptions
- take phone messages when patients call in
- write reminder cards for follow up appointments
- count out pompom “medicine” for patients
- read thermometer
- count patients in the waiting room
What else would you add to this pretend animal hospital?